Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Life Overview

One of the things I never thought I would do is become a volunteer for a non-profit, community serving organization. I have spent so much of my life working full time, writing resumes, raising children and keeping life from getting away from me, who would have time for that?  I found out that volunteering is something you can do even if you think you don't have the time.  I had no idea you can volunteer even just a couple hours a week!  Just a small amount of time turns into a huge difference for your community.

I should warn you though, volunteering changes your life.  It changes your perspective of the world, your place in it, and what purpose we all serve on the planet.  Since I started my journey over 7 years ago, I'm not the same person I was before.  I see life with new eyes.  I see that every person has a story.  Every child has potential and every human has a gift.

In my desire to use the gifts and talents God gave me, I began searching out ways to use them.  I reached out to the House of Hope and asked if there was anything I could do.  They put me on task right away using the things I love to do most.  Figuring things out and messing with the computer.  It was fun and I was able to work as my schedule allowed.  More on all that later.  I have made some irreplaceable friends and serving makes me happy.

So much happens behind the scenes of the regular public that I really felt the need to share it with you.  These will be my first hand experiences inside the House of Hope. You will hear my stories as well as stories from others volunteering with me.  Buckle up and we'll get started

No comments:

Post a Comment